a fabulous little accessory called nail polish 🙂
Nail polish is a versatile great way of finishing off a look, be it a statement or more subtle.
I have a few little thoughts about nail polish, as you do 🙂
- Buy quality, goes with out saying, buy chip resistant.
- The colour on the nail should look like the colour in the bottle !
- Invest in a few key colours, in my humble opinion we need three staple polishes, one dark, one neutral and one red, the spectrum is huge so the options are vast and varied 🙂
- Have your full size staples and buy mini bottles for on seasonal on trend, fashion colours, makes sense. Why part with cash for a colour that you might only wear for a season ! Buying mini means you are not compromising on the quality too.
- Remove once it chips, not a good look.
- Throw it out as soon as it starts to go gloopy and nasty, again not a good look.
- Never match your toes and finger nails, very dated.
- never wear two statement colours, seriously its too much.
- Some of my favourite brands, Chanel, OPI, Butter London, Essie, Mavala
- OPI ,Orly and Mavala do great minis 🙂
Three great dark shades
great vampy shade that combines, grey, brown with a hint of shimmer
OPI -Lincoln park after dark
a great vampy dark purple/plum shade
Butter London -La Moss
A vampy oxblood red
Three great neutral shades
OPI- Samoan sand
A great creamy beige nude
a perfect French manicure pink
A lovey pink peach
Three great red shades
OPI-An affair in red square
a stunning red with shine
A dark raspberry red
Butter London-Pillar Box Red Nail Lacquer
A classic, red-orange
You also have a huge range of metallics pastels and Neons to choose from, all minis for me !
Trend Alert – and something completely different. Blue hues are trending for 2014, check out this little delight, yes its Chanel, I make no apologies and yes there is a waiting list !!!
Definitely a colour to try and dupe and definitely a mini !!!!
This statement is another post I think 🙂
Check out this site below, carries a huge range with some great review and prices.
Chanel can be sourced in a number of department stores 🙂